Medicare Supplement / Medigap Insurance Companies in Texas
Greater Texas Health Insurance Agency LLC knows it is our repsonsibility to offer the the most affordable Medicare supplement insurance coverage at the best rate in your area. Insurance companies who offer Medicare supplement insurance plans, are obligated to provide you with the same "standardized" plans, even though they may not offer all plans.
Here are three very significant areas that are the same with each company and plan:
- First and foremost, the coverage is the same with "like" plans. For example, one Plan F is the exact same as another Plan F from a different company. This makes comparing different companies easy to do.
- Secondly, claim payments are all paid through the Medicare "crossover" system. This system is designed to eliminate patient involvement in the claims process, and except in very rare circumstances, you will not have to do anything in the claims process, regardless of which company insures you. All claims are paid timely and efficiently through this Medicare system.
- Lastly, doctor acceptance is the same with all Medicare supplement plans. Regardless of the company or plan, you can go to any doctor or hospital nationwide that takes Medicare. If they take Medicare, they are required to take the standardized Medigap plans.
Medicare supplement premiums are figured with many different factors; including but not limited to age, zip code, tobacco use, and gender. Knowing how a Medicare supplement company sets their rate can also be very useful. There are three ways Medicare supplement insurance companies will set their rates:
- Attained Age Pricing - This is the most popular way companies set their Medicare supplement rates. Attained age plans will automatically increase in price as the insured grows older. Most companies will increase the insured’s rates every year while others will increase rates based on age. Prices can also increase based on changes in the Medicare program as well as increases in health care costs affecting the insurance provider. Attained age plans will be less expensive to the insured at onset. The insured is hoping that less expensive premiums in the beginning will offset future increases when compared with an issue age plan.
- Issue Age Pricing - This type of pricing is not as common as it used to be. There are a few companies that offer this type of set pricing in which your rates are set at a certain age and will always get rates as though you were the age at which you took the policy. This might seem that your rate will be locked in, however these companies still issue rate adjustments due to medical inflation. These policies tend to be more expensive at age 65 compared to the attained age plans.
- Community Rating - This more of a broader way to set prices for an insurance company. Community rating provides the same rate for a particular plan for everyone in a certain area without using factors such as age, gender, or tobacco use. Community Rating tends to be higher if your younger and don't use tobacco, but could be a good option if your older or use tobacco.
As you can see shopping for a Medicare Supplement insurance coverage can be quite complicated. The good news is, we are here to help you through the whole process and can help find you the best, most affordable Medigap insurance plan. Give us a call today to for a free, no-obligation Medigap / Medicare supplement quote at 512-677-9558.